BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Weekend/Half of a Week in Elgin

Ok, so once again this was awhile ago...We were in Elgin for testimonies and baptisms. There were five people, but we were primarily there for my sister Jill. It was great to see five people committing their lives for Christ! I also started working on painting Michael's room the minute we got up there on Friday night. Jill primed while I painted the ceiling and then I painted the focal wall the base color (a cream color that reminded me of the cream part of the dirt dessert.) I worked continually on the room through Monday. On Tuesday I painted the furniture a light gray. We still need to put new hardware on the dresser (the flowers don't quite work), find poster frames for some of Michael's posters for the wall above the dresser, and find a new lamp for beside his bed.

On Wednesday my mom and I went shopping with Cindy and Aubrey in downtown Geneva. It was a lot of fun and we saw some really cool things. Maybe once we have a house to decorate I can actually buy some of the stuff. I found this great red coat for fall, but I won't let myself buy any more clothes until I'm done with school. I saw one thing that really inspired me. It is photos of "letters" that create a word. I have started taking pictures wherever I go if I see something that looks like any letter. I actually read most of the manual for my camera so I can get the best use of it while doing this.
This morning after my workout at the track I saw an amazing spider web that had water on every strand because it was so foggy this morning and it looked so great. I decided to hurry home and get ready really quickly so I'd have time to come back and take a picture. I actually got ready in time, but almost all the water had dried so it didn't photograph really well. I was really bummed! Oh well maybe next time.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Michael's room looks great! And, go you - taking the bull by the horns and shooting some photos. I should do that - I still think that's a really cool art thing.

Jaclyn said...

Thanks Aub! You probably could get some great shots living downtown. Parks, and playgrounds have great things too!

LuppyLicious said...

Looks good!

Mommy and Constance said...

his room looks GREAT! Steph was telling me about it. I like it! I bet he likes it too.

Neal / Kim Kellenberger said...

you are talented!:) you and t are hired...he can do the outside work and you can do the inside work of our house:):) haha! you will have so much fun when you buy a house!!!!!!!