BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Canada with the Blunier family

July 18-25 Travis and I went to Canada with his family. We rode up with Trent and Troy. We left from my parent's house around 7:30 and drove all through the night. We stopped for breakfast about a half hour away from the place we stayed. It was pretty good. I actually had to drink coffee because I slept so horribly (but at least I didn't have to drive and was able to try to sleep.) Granted I dumped a couple things of creamer in it. When we got to the resort the boys went out and fished and I took a nap.
It was a pretty uneventful trip, but that's what makes a good vacation. I got lots of reading in and everyone got to fish a lot. I was even able to go running up there a couple times with Troy. He was a good coach. The weather was great for running, very cool. The hills made the runs very challenging.
I went out a couple times during the week and caught 1 whole fish! That's probably my fault though because I would only fish for about an hour before I would get bored and start reading. One day I went out when it was raining and I wore raingear that I took from my parent's house and Stephanie's rainboots. There was a hole in the pants, but I figured the jacket would cover it. Well I was very wrong. For about 4 hours I sat in soaking wet jeans. Let me tell you...not the most comfortable feeling! I didn't take too many pictures this trip. Most of the pictures are of fish and a couple of wildlife.
Trent with his 50" Muskie
Bald Eagle
Troy with his 48" Muskie

1 comments:

Erin said...

Sheesh those are some BIG fish. It looks like you had fun... got in some good reading time, good for you. I hope you are having a great week. Miss you love you. Blessings