BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Weekend in Elgin

We were in Elgin two weekends ago. Friday didn't start out so good. Dante had been vomiting for two days. After taking him to the vet they determined he was constipated. He got a lovely enema and came home. As I was walking out the door to go pick up Travis from work so we could head up to Elgin, Dante had an "accident" all over me. So he got to ride in his carrier up to Elgin. About 15 minutes into the drive he had another "accident" in his carrier, so he got to ride in the back of the truck with his litter box. We had to make a couple stops along the way up to make sure he was still alive back there. :) We finally got up to my parents' house about 7:00.

My grandma Conro, and my A. Sarah came over for Dairy Queen cake to celebrate Michael's and my birthdays shortly after we got there. We just hung out the rest of the night.

On Saturday, my mom and us girls went to Huntley outlet and then Algonquin Commons. We all got some great deals at Banana. I had a gift certificate to use at Algonquin Commons from a really long time ago, so I finally got to use that on some great jeans! I always love when I can find jeans that don't need to be altered in the waist. Travis helped my dad caulk the barns. Then he went with Michael to play volleyball at my cousin Grant's. Of course after volleyball they had to make a trip to Cabelas. :)

My dad and Travis on the barn roof.
That night we went to Ju Rin to celebrate Steph's graduation from ISU in the spring. The food was fabulous!
Travis and I
Dad and Mom K.
Our chef, with an amazing beard :)
Steph and Jill
Michael, Justin (Steph's boyfriend), and Jill

Afterwards Michael challenged us to try to pick up a container with our teeth while holding one foot up with a hand. Here are some of those pictures.

This is me
This is Steph's boyfriend, Justin
This is Michael, he got it! (well I did too, there just aren't any pictures...)
On Sunday, Travis, Michael, and I went to a Cubs-Cards game at Wrigley. Our tickets were originally for a game a couple months ago, but it got rained out. I was glad it worked for us to still use the tickets though. Here's some of the pictures from the game.

Travis and I

Travis, Michael, Troy, Scott and Trent (in seating order, not head order)
This says it all!! :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Yay! Cubs Win! Thanks for posting so I can keep up with you. I hope all is going well I love you, miss you and am praying for you! Blessings!

Aubrey said...

Is Travis sporting a beard now??? :)

Mommy and Constance said...

HAHA Steph showed me those pictures of you guys trying to get the stuff with your teeth. That's HILARIOUS! Jurin is SOOOOOOO good!!!