BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tablerock Lake

As usual, I'm failing at keeping the blog updated. Last week we went to Tablerock Lake in Missouri with my family to go boating. U. Jeff, A. Julie, Grant, and Aaron were also there. Usually U. Tim & A. Marcia's family is there, but are going in July this year. We missed them! The trip was typical vacation. Lots of water, sun, tans, burns, eating, and reading. The weather was extremely hot, in the upper 90's. The water offered little relief as it was pretty warm. We were all excited when we would find a rare cold spot and would try to tread water in that spot. Unfortunately it didn't work often. This is a typical day: eat breakfast, try to be on the water by 10:15, ski/wakeboard, eat lunch, read/swim/nap/snorkel/eat some more, then head back in between 2:00 and 4:00ish. Some of the days we just couldn't stand the heat and headed in around 2:00. Some evenings we would go back out and barefoot, well some people would. One of the days we headed over to a swing and jumped off that. Grant and Travis jumped off the cliff they jumped off of last year, except the jump was about 15 feet or so higher this year! YIKES! We got back on Saturday evening, picked up the fuzzy kids from Travis's parents, then hurried home to clean church quick. Today I finally started laundry and putting suitcases and things away. Below are some pictures of the trip.

Michael wakeboarding
Stephanie skiing
The usual kid photo in the bow of the boat
The cliff (Grant & Travis)
Jill & Grant and their coordinating suits (and Jill's glasses)
Dad skiing
I'll post some videos of barefooting later, once I can edit them.


2 comments:

Jess said...

Looks like you had a blast!! I'm glad you all had such a great time.

Mom said...

Wish we were still there!