The doctors are getting quite a bit of our money lately! Travis had been getting these little blister like things on his hands for about a week, then while we were in Elgin for Mother's Day they showed up on his feet. So I was able to convince him to go get them checked out. The doctor said they were mite bites and they couldn't do anything, just don't get bit...Nice...
So since dogs can get mites and Maya had been chewing on her feet (which she sometime does anyway, and had allergy issues last spring/summer) Travis thought I should get her checked out. Of course they didn't see anything and since we don't even know the type of mite they can't look for a specific one. They wanted us to treat her anyway just in case. Umm no thanks....They also wanted us to get a couple other tests/treatments that I feel she doesn't need and they just want the $$$$. It's so frustrating! (Side note: On my way to the vet I literally had to cross a river in the road because the water wasn't draining well with the huge storm we had. It was a little nerve wrecking. I was really wished I had the truck and not my little grandpa car!)
Then today I went to the dermatologist to get some moles checked out. I've never really gone and thought I probably should since I have a lot of new ones and I love the sun! They ended up removing one on my shoulder. Crossing my fingers that it comes back fine. So all this on top of all my breathing stuff...we are making all sorts of doctors rich! Well probably not, but it sure feels that way.
I went to clean church afterwards since I was in the area. Everything was fine until I got to the sanctuary. We had communion last night and I found two chunks of the bread. I thought that was kind of funny. Then I started vacuuming and it keep suctioning itself to the carpet and I couldn't figure out why it was acting so weird. Then I looked at my feet and they had little puddles of water around my flip-flops. YIKES! There was a ton of water soaked into the carpet. I tried to soak up as much of the water as I could but there weren't many towels to use. I ended up calling Brent, one of the trustees and let him know I did what I could but they should check it out ASAP. I hope the problem gets fixed soon. My guess is there is a leak somewhere in the foundation or something (but I am by no means a carpenter of any sort, so I'm probably totally wrong) and with all the rain we got it just had nowhere to go but in. Well now I'm off to get work done on the truck. I hope everyone has a great day!
3 comments:
Haha, I just laughed because it really sounded like you were actually talking! And I love the whole random going over the river story in the middle of your big story... very random! That is what I really wanted to comment about, but then it wouldn't work! But, now it does! Okay I love you! bye
Uhh I am so glad you changed your background! I kept trying to leave a comment to tell you that you couldn't read your thing :0)
i agree with jill - i could just hear you talking and it made me miss you so super much!:):) LOVE that you have a blog....hehe....i will just stalk you ever so much more now!:):):) did they get the flooding fixed in church? holy cow!
anyways...welcome to the blogging world!:) this is inspirining me to get going on ours again!! cant wait to hang out thursday night!!!
Post a Comment